Richard (Tony) L. Braun II
Mr. Braun is a partner in the Firm with a 40 year career in litigating, mediating and arbitrating business and commercial, product liability, and general tort cases. He is past chair of the State Bar ADR section and serves as a neutral mediator and arbitrator. He served as an adjunct professor teaching Advanced Business Mediation at the Cooley Law School, Dispute Resolution at MSU College of Law and trial advocacy at Detroit College of Law. His litigation clients have included: Daimler Chrysler Corporation, Ford Motor Company, Crane Carrier Company, Tomberlin Automotive Group, Kress Corporation, U.S. Suzuki Motor Corp., and Williams International, among others.
Mr. Braun has been selected by Michigan SuperLawyers, Top 100; U.S. News and World Report, The Best Lawyers in America; New York Times Top Attorneys in Michigan Selected by Peer Recognition and Achievement; Best Attorneys in Michigan selected by Peer Recognition as listed in Best Lawyers; DBusiness Top Lawyers; and Top Attorneys in Michigan as selected by peer recognition and achievement in Crain’s Detroit Business; and Preeminent Highest Ratings in Martindale Hubbel for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability for 15 straight years.
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Automotive Supplier Litigation
- Shareholder Litigation
- Product Liability and General Tort Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Mediator and Arbitrator
- Risk Management
- Loss Prevention and Control
- The Miller Law Firm, P.C., Partner: 2010 to present
- Law and Mediation Offices of Richard L. Braun: 2006 to 2010
- Dickinson Wright PLLC, Detroit, MI, Partner/Equity Member: 1991 to 2006
- Taylor and Braun P.C., Detroit, MI, Founding Member and Partner: 1981 to 1991
- Sommers Schwartz Silver Schwartz, P.C. and Tyler Canham, P.C.: 1976-1981
DISPUTE RESOLUTION and TEACHING POSITIONS:
- Michigan State Bar ADR Section:
– Chair: 2007- 2008
– Executive Committee: 2004 to 2008 – Treasurer: 2005 and 2006
– ADR Access Action Team Chair: 2003 to 2007
– Michigan Business Mediation Program Chair: 2004 to 2007
- Metropolitan Detroit Bar Association ADR Section: Founding Member and Executive Committee Member
- SCAO 40 hour Civil Mediator Training, 2001, and numerous ICLE Advanced Mediation Courses with attendant Circuit Court appointments
- Member Wayne County Mediation Tribunal, 1990 to present
- Adjunct Professor Cooley Law School, Oakland Campus: 2008 to 2014:
- Advanced Business Mediation
- Adjunct Professor, Michigan State University College of Law, 2005 – 2006: Dispute Resolution: Negotiation, Mediation and Arbitration
- Adjunct Professor, Detroit College of Law, 1981-1987: Created and presented Detroit College of Law’s first Litigation and Trial Advocacy Course
ADDITIONAL PRESENTATIONS AND ADR SERVICE
- Presentation for 2010 Michigan Safety Conference on Interest Based Resolution of Conflicts and Disputes in Lansing, MI.
- Engineering Society of Detroit: Michigan Green Enterprise Zone Symposium, Presentation on Conflict Resolution in the Zone: Making the Business Case for Early ADR, 2009.
- Moderator, 2005 and 2008 ICLE Advance Negotiation and Dispute Resolution Institute, Plymouth, MI.
- Supreme Court Administrative Office, Task Force on Proposed Revisions to Michigan ADR Court Rules, 2008.
- Supreme Court Administrative Office, Task Force Committee on Confidentiality in Mediation, 2008.
- Presenter, Advanced Training for Business Mediation, June 2006, sponsored by Michigan State University College of Law and State Bar ADR Section.
- Authored articles in numerous legal and business publications on Michigan Business Mediation Program, with attendant presentations to business groups.
- Created and presented Symposium on Risk Management for Product Liability and Environmental Exposures, Detroit, MI, May 1996.
- Presentation for 2000 and 2001 Michigan Safety Conferences on Identifying and Containing the Safety Professional’s Exposure to Liability, Lansing, MI.
- Presentation for Lorman Educational Services on Utilizing Sound Principles of Loss Prevention to Control Costs for Manufacturers and Distributors, Troy, MI, July 2003.