Experienced Michigan Probate Litigation Attorneys
Whether confronting the financial aspects of a complicated property dispute or dealing with an emotionally charged child custody proceeding, clients involved in family law disputes, debtor-creditor disputes, or third-party claims need both personal and professional support through these difficult times.
We are dedicated to representing clients with family law issues such as divorce, property distribution, child support, visitation, custody, paternity, modification of existing orders and other post-judgment work, third-party custody and all other aspects of Family Law.
Michigan Guardianship and Conservatorship Proceedings
If you need advice about a Family Law matter, contact an experienced attorney at Miller Law. We realize how difficult divorce and child custody matters can be. We believe that every client deserves individual attention and the best representation possible.
The Miller Law Firm, P.C. has experienced litigators who practice in the area of Probate Litigation. Our experience with Michigan probate litigation helps us advise and represent clients who need help with any of the following:
- Petitions for guardianship and conservatorship
- Defense of guardianship or conservatorship proceedings
- Actions for removal or replacement of guardians or conservators
- Injunctions or restraining orders to protect persons or property while guardianship or conservatorship is pending
- Actions to limit or define the duties of a guardian or conservator
- Motions for an accounting or periodic report
- Actions to terminate or modify a guardianship or conservatorship
- Will contests and breach of fiduciary duty claims
Whether you are seeking to file a petition for guardianship, contesting a petition filed by another, or defending your performance as a guardian or conservator in probate court, our lawyers can zealously represent you.
If you need advice about a guardianship, conservatorship or other probate matters under Michigan law, contact an experienced probate lawyer at The Miller Law Firm, P.C.
We help probate court litigants resolve debtor-creditor disputes as well as other third-party litigation in such situations as the following:
- Breach of contract claims involving agreements to which the decedent was a party
- Tort claims either on behalf of or against the decedent
- Partnership or business disputes involving the decedent’s management or ownership interest in a company
- Recovering money owed to the decedent or his or her trust after his or her death
Claims against Personal Representatives
Personal representatives owe a fiduciary duty to heirs to protect the estate by liquidating its claims for the greatest value practicable under the circumstances and by making sure that the claims paid reflect genuine obligations in correct or properly compromised amounts. For advice about third-party claims against or in favor of a Michigan probate estate, contact The Miller Law Firm, P.C.