Leaders in Complex Business Lawsuits and Class Action Litigation.
Headquartered in Rochester, Michigan, The Miller Law Firm is recognized throughout the United States as a leader in complex business lawsuits and securities and consumer class action litigation, representing individuals, investors and companies of all sizes.
The Miller Law Firm began as a 3-person law firm in 1996, and has grown into a 26-lawyer, nationally recognized litigation boutique. In that time, our firm has been entrusted with our clients’ most important matters, handling litigation throughout the country.
Our firm has successfully litigated cases ranging from the low six figures to hundreds of millions of dollars — from the most basic disputes to the most complex and arcane. We handle a wide range of disputes, including automotive supply chain and warranty disputes, real estate litigation, investor rights and partnership disputes, shareholder oppression and fiduciary duty cases, securities fraud, and breach of contract cases.
- The Miller Law Firm’s Efforts as Co-lead Counsel Secures $54 Million Settlement in West Michigan PFAS Lawsuit
- $42 Million Antitrust Settlement
- $300 Million Securities Fraud Settlement
- $955 Million Antitrust Settlements
- No-Cause Jury Verdict in Partnership Trial
- $16.5 Million Arbitration Award – Breach of Contract/Wrongful Termination Claim
- $2 Million Settlement – Overdraft Fee Class Action
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty Results In $11 Million Settlement With Comerica
Awards & Recognition
- The Miller Law Firm Has Been Named As A Best Law Firm For 2024 (9/7/2023)
- 20 Miller Law Attorneys Named As Super Lawyers (8/17/2023)
- Butch Hollowell Featured On The Cover Of Super Lawyers Magazine (8/15/2023)
- E. Powell Miller Ranked #1 Super Lawyer In Michigan (8/12/2023)
- The Miller Law Firm Named as a Best Law Firm for 2023 (11/21/2022)
- Powell Miller Receives Highest Band 1 Ranking From Chambers & Partners (6/24/2022)
- Five Miller Law attorneys named in The Best Lawyers® in America for 2022 (12/3/2021)
- The Miller Law Firm has been named as a Best Law Firm for 2022 (11/18/2021)
In the Community
The Miller Law Firm is committed to supporting the local and regional communities in which we work and live. Attorneys and staff members of The Miller Law Firm are actively engaged in a wide variety of programs, non-profit charities, organizations, and service on boards and committee — giving back to the broader community on many levels.
University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy
E. Powell Miller is a proud benefactor for the University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy. The U of D Jesuit High School and Academy is committed to providing the highest quality of Jesuit college preparatory education to young men in southeast Michigan. Mr. Miller is a 1979 alumni of U of D.
Detroit Urban Debate League
The Miller Law Firm is a proud supporter of the Detroit Urban Debate League, a nonprofit group that supports the creation of debate programs in under-served high schools.
The Miller Law Firm is a gold sponsor of Charlotte’s Wings, a non-profit organization that is dedicated to supporting ailing children in Southeast Michigan through donations of new books to the children and their families in hospital and hospice care. Partner Brian Etzel serves on the Executive Board of Charlotte’s Wings.
Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce
The Miller Law Firm is a member of the Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber is a well-connected and influential force powering the economy for Southeast Michigan. With over 20,000 members, the Chamber is one of the largest chambers of commerce in the country. Chamber activities and initiatives are centered on economic development, regional collaboration, education reform and member value.
Wayne State University Law School
E. Powell Miller serves on the Executive Committee for the Wayne State University Law School Board of Visitors and currently serves as Chair of the Alumni Relations Committee.